Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Quiet Night

I'm having a quiet night at home tonight. This is the first evening in about two weeks (months?) that I haven't had either social plans or moving insanity, so I'm relishing the idea of sitting my ass on this couch and just catching up on email.

My kitchen is unpacked; I was finally able to cook something tonight! (Made lima beans and artichokes along with some pasta & feta. Yum!) But this isn't a cooking blog so I'll skip the recipes. But y'all know that if I can't cook I'm unhappy. So, good news there. I've also got just about all my clothing put away in the bedroom, and the new stereo is plugged in so I've got some tunes going, too.

It'll be interesting to see if I can keep a simpler lifestyle going with fewer monthly payments. Right now I'm living without cable, no home phone, and no HD Tivo. I also had gotten used to some of my Ex's little treats, like GameFly videogame rentals. Hmmm, might have to sign up for that one. :-)

I didn't realize how exhausting all this has been, since I've been running on full adrenaline since last weekend. Today I felt this nagging cold getting a bit worse, so I came home from work early -- and quickly proceeded to fall asleep on the couch for more than two hours. So, apparently I need to keep taking care of myself even though there's so much to do. Oh, and I lost two more pounds, down to 187 now. Yikes!

Alrighty then -- a few more online address-changes and I think I'm done for the day.

No comments: