Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Yipes.... seven pounds gone...

I suppose I should be happier that I weighed in at 189 lbs. this morning; I had been trying to lose weight all summer to no avail!! Nothing like a break-up to snap you back to attention. :-) Of course, it helps being (occasionally) too sad to eat. I'll have to try to eat more during the moments when this whole situation isn't bugging me, to make up for the times when it is.

The good news is, my ex and I had another re-hash re-breakup re-fight last night that was totally unproductive and unnecessary. Why is that good news? Two reasons: (1) Because it was a nice summary reminder of why we have to do this. There's no turning back, we're both too set in our current ways and won't change if we stay together. I've been spending a fair bit of energy thinking that maybe we could try to make the changes we need together instead of apart, but that's just not going to happen. (2) Because there's no time left to fight between now and Thanksgiving, which we're still planning on hosting here at our apartment for one last hurrah before I move out. The next few days are going to be completely filled with party planning, shopping, cleaning, and having friends over to help prep and cook.

So, with no time left to fight, and a fair bit of resolution on the why-we're-doing-this front, it seems like a good breakpoint for us to move to the next stage, which will be the actual moving out.

More to come!

No comments: