Monday, November 24, 2008

Let's not pretend - love is the end

A brutal day. I can honestly say I've never felt such deep sorrow. While I pick up the pieces and work on moving forward there is an unmistakable feeling that I'm bearing witness to a crushing sadness. The loss of a dear departed, a funeral for something that I loved more than anything I've ever loved in my life. Devastating in a way I never thought I could experience. Just.... crushing.

I'm trying to stay very focused on the pieces of this that I can control: making plans with friends for support; picking out a bed and making a list of other things I'll need in my new pad; wrapping up little home/nonwork projects that I don't want dangling over me anymore; tying up loose ends with Eric since he deserves so much better. And of course, being sweet to my ex through it all, so he knows I still love him and that I'm doing my best to learn some hard lessons.

The hardest part is dealing with the pieces I can't control: his unwillingness to fight for keeping us together; the inevitable awkwardness as we start living our own lives while still living together; having to go through the motions at work when all I want to do is sit at home; feeling lonely, already.

So, it's true. Without love there's nothing.

"Let's not pretend - love is the end"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here are a few quotes....

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." Lao Tzu

“Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.” Lao Tzu

"When going through hell, keep going."
Winston Churchill

Good luck to you Billy in this new chapter of your life.