Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Day 1 a success!

Wow, I made it thru my first day of being single after 10 years.

Got up early, after just a few hours of sleep. Raced out of the house and met my friend Eric for breakfast. Cried at breakfast. Waiter kept trying to bring me fresh coffee to make me feel better!

Couldn't get out of work today, because I was in Sacramento Monday/Tuesday and I had some meetings stacked up. Glad I went; didn't get a whole lot done but was happy to think about other things a bit. Well, at least when I wasn't sitting in my coworkers offices talking about the breakup.

Left early though (around 4pm -- and picked up "lunch" on the way, since I completely forgot to eat). Got home and had the joyful task of finishing the conversion of our 1 bedroom / 1 office apartment into a 2 bedroom apartment, so we have separate spaces. Voila! I am now typing this from my new, private bedroom. Nice!

So, all in all a good day. I made a big list of things that will need doing, but haven't gotten very far on it yet. I guess there's time. Oh one other thing -- I set up a lookie at what sounds like a very nice 1 bedroom apartment close to gorgeous Dolores Park. Keep fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Eric A said...

Hugs!
Glad your day went relatively well.
Will be keeping my finger crossed. xoxo