Monday, May 03, 2010

Facebook isn't enough.

Bet you didn't think you'd be hearing from me again, did you? :-)

While no one blogs anymore (they're all on Facebook now), I'm finding that FB is just too limiting. Every community has its norms and customs; this is expected. And at Facebook, there is subtle but direct pressure to keep things cheery, light, and short. It's basically like a noisy, fun bar at happy hour: easy to meet new people, everyone's a bit tipsy and being goofy, but it's hard to have a real conversation.

So, I'll keep my Facebook account for "Oh what a fun night last night! Check out our photos!", it's apparent that I need another outlet for things that have a bit more depth. We'll see if I can post a blog item or two every now and again.

More to come.

3 comments:

pooja* said...

shaba doo!

Muni Meltdown said...

Shaba doo, indeed. Umm, WTF is shaba doo?

pooja* said...

er, words that came to mind when i saw you were blogging again!

what?