Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Soufflé Weekend

I've spent the last two weeks obsessing over cheese soufflé. Yes this is ridiculous; please join Sparky in making fun of me. But as you can see, on Memorial Day I finally was successful in creating the difficult French culinary masterpiece. Behold my first soufflé, full of eggy Gruyere goodness! It didn't deflate as in I Love Lucy and was... well... interesting. It basically tasted like a big poofy cheese sponge. Maybe next time I'll try chocolate.

In other news, the long weekend was terrific. Played dice all night Friday with the boys; spent Saturday helping Gallo with a big project he's creating (more on that shortly), and then saw some of Sparky's friends at Lucky 13 (and what a gross a dive bar that is. Complete with girl puking into a potted palm on the back deck... yuck); Sunday out dancing 'til all hours with Sparky, and Monday in Phancy's back yard having a nice relaxing barbecue. His yard looks great and I'm so glad I got to hang out with him yesterday. What a sweetheart.

Now I have to continue playing catch-up at work after being gone so many days last week. So, back to the grind — no time to even think about the Prop 8 ruling just yet.

No comments: