Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Seattle wrap-up

Seattle, as always, was super fun. I just love that town, and have felt for many years that it was a good fit for me. Not that I'm moving or anything -- I love SF too -- but the trip reminded me of all the reasons I like it there. Back when I was married, my love of the Pacific Northwest was a source of friction because my Ex really hated it up there.

The conference was pretty great and then Sparky came up on Thursday night so we could hang out for the weekend. He hadn't been there since he was a little kid, so I got to show him all my favorite hang-outs!

Plus, Sparky's Aunt Jezzana lives there. She's a tarot card expert, and quite a hoot, and they hung out while I was in my conference on Friday. And then we spent the next two days just running around. Saturday was overcast but otherwise the weather was fantastic, especially on Friday when it was 70 and beautiful. I packed in quite a bit: breakfast in the U-District; Gasworks Park, Fremont and the Troll under the bridge; the Ballard locks -- which actually had fish swimming down the fish ladder!! -- and a great hike in Discovery Park. By Saturday night we pooped out on Alki Beach and watched a storm blow through.

Sunday we had dim sum in the International District (chinatown) with my friend Charlie, one more dose of Aunt Jezzana, and a flight home around dinnertime. Not to be outdone, we returned to San Francisco with a vengeance and saw Suppositori Spelling doing her patented watch-how-many-shots-I-can-drink-before-I-pass-out performance. Wow!!

1 comment:

Trigby said...

Sounds like a great trip! I'm glad you guys had fun!

To be fair, I hated living in Seattle, but I always enjoyed visiting. Just hearing about your adventures makes me wish I was having a fried Feta cheese sandwich with greek fries right now...